Today the prompt asks us to think about perspective but it asks for us to think about something that drives us crazy and then to think about something that makes you happy and does it change your perspective? Why ask for someones perspective in that sense?
According to the dictionary here is what perspective means:
2. a picture employing this technique, especially one in which it is prominent: an architect’s perspective of a house.
3. a visible scene, especially one extending to a distance; vista: a perspective on the main axis of an estate.
4. the state of existing in space before the eye: The elevations look all right, but the building’s composition is a failure in perspective.
5.the state of one’s ideas, the facts known to one, etc., in having a meaningful interrelationship: You have to live here a few years to see local conditions in perspective.
Now looking at the prompt and looking at the definition I just can’t seem to put my finger on something that drives me crazy and then makes me happy at the same time. Maybe it is because when I usually put something into perspective it is because I have taken it into deep consideration and pondered what it means to me.
So here are three way I take things into perspective:
1. Take friendships for instance. I know I write a lot about friends but bear with me. There are friends who are just kind of there. The one’s who talk to you occasionally, never respond to you , only want to talk when they need something, and treat you like a fair weather friend. Do you keep them around for that rainy day when you need something to do and someone to go hang out with or do you cut your losses and say “Adios”? You need to take the friendship into consideration, ponder the pros and cons and really figure out if there is any benefit in having that relationship in your life. They obviously don’t think much of the friendship right? So have a little perspective and open up your mind to new possibilities. Find a new friend.
2. Or say there is someone you know who has knowledge of a job opening in their company but doesn’t bother to tell you. You find out about it. Do you approach them and ask or do you just let it go because something tells you that working with them would probably be a handful.
3. And one more, life throws lemons at you all the time. You do a very good job of dodging them all the time but once in a while you get hit with one or two. Take those lemons into perspective and learn from them. They are all lessons, just like the friend and just like the person who knows about a job.
We all have differing opinions on perspective. I just can’t think of one thing that is crazy and then makes me happy. That is more elation, jubilation, triumph- not perspective.